Things to do and to see
From our location various places are accessibly as day-trips by road for example
- John o'Groats 3 hours drive (140 miles)
- Ullapool 1:45 hours drive (75 miles)
- Loch Ness 1 hour drive (35 miles)
- Fort William 2 hours drive (85 miles)
- Glencoe 2:30 hours drive (100 miles)
- Aberdeen 2:15 hours (90 miles)
- Dundee 2:45 hours (125 miles)
- Portree (Isle of Skye) 3:15 hours (130 miles)
A short drive away you find lively towns like Elgin with its fantastic cathedral, and lovely villages like Findhorn with its cute harbour.
The Black Isle is only half an hour away and a perfect spot to see dolphins and other marine wildlife.
The magnificent Cairngorms National Park is easily accessible from the Chalet.
Driving the North Coast 500, why not relaxe at Betula Chalet before heading home!?
We are also just off the Highland Tourist Route.
The surrounding area has lots of outdoor activities to offer
whether short walks or Munro hiking
championship and link golf courses in short distance
mountain biking or road tracks
fishery, loch and river for fishing in walking distance
several local business offer a wide range of water sports
skiing in the Cairngorms, approximately 1 hour drive
Nairn beach, fantastic in all seasons
Cawdor Castle, Brodie Castle and many more
plenty of distilleries to discover
in Carrbridge (30 min drive)